During the holiday season there is nothing that I love more than Hallmark Christmas Movies!
And when I say “during the holiday season” that also means in July when Hallmark has Christmas in July! It’s really a thing, and if you’re a Hallmark Christmas fan you’re going to love it!
Hallmark Christmas Movies Everyday
In high school I would get up every morning at 4 am to drink coffee and watch a Hallmark Christmas Movie. And it was always the perfect start to my day!
So today, I started that wonderful tradition again!
Hallmark Christmas movies started airing 24 hours a day this last week on Friday October 26th. So this morning I got up at 4 am and I watched a fantastic Hallmark Christmas movie while enjoying a delicious cup of cranberry cider.
On a side note, I do not only dedicate watching Hallmark Christmas movies to 4 am. I watch a Christmas movie or at least parts of one at some point throughout the day as well. But… I wake up at 4 am to MAKE SURE that I at least get one in for the day! (Priorities first right!)
So now that I began my favorite early morning tradition again, I realized there is so much to why I really love waking up at 4 am to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie.
First, in general, starting my day early makes me happy; I get so much done by 8 am that I feel ahead for my entire day!
For instance, this morning I woke up at 4 am and first watched a great Christmas movie. But then cleaned horse stalls, fed my chickens, watered my garden, washed chicken eggs, washed dishes, and spent half an hour typing an essay for a class, all before 7:30 am!
Second, every Hallmark Christmas movie has a good ending. Watching them puts me in a cheerful mood and fills me with happiness. Therefore, I can’t think of any better way to start my day.
So if you’ve never watched Hallmark Christmas movies, here is a list of 10 Hallmark Christmas movies. These are all favorites of mine, although, know that there are soo many more great ones!
10 Favorite Hallmark Christmas Movies
- The Christmas Card (amazon) – Is about a soldier named Cody serving in Afghanistan who is touched when he receives an anonymous Christmas card. Once Cody gets back to the United States he heads off to Nevada City, California (where the letter had come from). He then unexpectedly runs into the girl who sent him the card (not yet knowing it was her). Later he falls in love, but he has one big road block! She has a boyfriend who eventually proposes solely out of jealousy over the handsome soldier.
- Matchmaker Santa – Melody has a boyfriend and thinks that things are great as he invites her to his lake house for the holidays. But the boyfriend delays and sends his best friend Dean to take Melody to the lake house instead. In the meantime, Melody and Dean became stranded in a cute Christmas town. While being stranded, they discover that they could be the ones meant for each other!
- A Christmas Detour – Is about two travelers whose flight lands in the same airport during a snowstorm. Paige is desperate to get a flight to meet her fiance’s family for the holidays, while Dylan is bitter from a recent heartbreak. The two of them go on an adventure together and love surprises them both.
- Debbie Macomber’s Mrs. Miracle – Is about a widowed man who is struggling to find a housekeeper and nanny for his 6-year-old twin boys. The wild boys run off all prospects until Mrs. Merkle shows up, who the boys end calling “Mrs. Miracle.” Who then in the end really ends up being a miracle during the holidays.
- Finding Father Christmas – Is about a woman named Miranda who is faced with a painful reminder of the family she never had during the Christmas season. Her mother died when she was young, without ever reveling the identity of her father. But, three days before Christmas, Miranda unexpectedly receives a clue about her father’s whereabouts. She ends up in a beautiful New England town where she meets Ian, a young man who helps with her search.
- Engaging Father Christmas – Last Christmas, Miranda fell in love with Ian, the local man who helped her as she searched for her father, James Whitcomb, who was a famous actor. Miranda then has to promise the existing family that she won’t spill the secret about her father being a famous actor. (NOTE) Marrying Father Christmas will be new this season!
- Christmas Under Wraps – Dr. Lauren Brunell is counting on a prestigious hospital fellowship but when that plan doesn’t go through she goes to a remote town in Garland, Alaska. She soon finds out that she loves being a small town doctor. Later on she has to make the choice to stay for love or take the fellowship she once dreamed of.
- A Very Merry Mix-Up – Alice is nervous about meeting her in laws for the first time at Christmas, and what makes things worse is that she will be getting there before her fiance. Alice breaks her phone at the airport but thankfully runs into her fiance’s brother. (Or at least who she thought was the brother). She actually ends up spending days with the wrong family. Then ends up disappointed when she meets the actual family of her fiance.
- A Bramble House Christmas – While settling his father’s estate, Finn Conrad becomes suspicious as to why his father had left a nurse $50,000. His father only knew the nurse for less than two months before he died. Just before Christmas, Finn wants to reclaim what he considers his family’s money. But then discovers the nurse was really a women in need, not a conniving gold digger at all.
- Snowed Inn Christmas – This one is actually a Life Time Christmas movie but the two main actors are Hallmark actors whom I love, Andrew Walker and Bethany Joy Lenz. The two journalists go out out of town to complete a special writing assignment about Christmas. Their plane had to take an emergency landing in Santa Clause, Indiana. As they stay in Santa Clause, they find love, Christmas spirit, and get the opportunity to save a historic inn.
The Charm in Hallmark Christmas Movies
I love each of the movies above and I end up saving them as recordings each year. Then ultimately end up watching them over and over, long past Christmas. But what I often find so charming in many of those Hallmark Christmas Movies is the sweet small towns.
Something about a Hallmark Movie taking place in a charming small town just makes me enjoy it so much more. I end up cuddled next to the fireplace, drinking a hot drink, and wishing that all town’s could be that sweet and charming.
So if only all those Hallmark towns were real, right?
Well, as I dug a little deeper into figuring out if any of the Hallmark towns were real, I discovered that two of the towns are!
These two towns also appear in The Travel Channel’s Facebook Favorite’s: Towns With Holiday Spirit.
So if you’re looking for a top Christmas destination this year, try out one of those towns! I know that I am going to try to. And thankfully since I live in California, there is a likely chance that Nevada City may happen. So lets hope!
If traveling to a charming town is not possible, at least join me in watching Hallmark Christmas movies. There is no better way to get into the Christmas spirit!
Merry Christmas, and have a blessed holiday season!
– Save for Christmas inspiration!