If you’re looking for a perfect dessert to make throughout the holiday season, this pumpkin cheesecake is a hit! It’s not just plain pumpkin cheesecake either, it has a caramel and streusel topping that adds the perfect sweet and buttery crunch!
Audrey's Little Farm may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake.
But I had always heard that it was such a difficult dessert to make and for years I was afraid to try it.
But that could not be farther from the truth! Sure, they are not as easy as a simple cake from a box but they are pretty darn easy.
So long story short, I am so happy I finally gave it a shot because there are so many great cheesecake recipes and they are always a crowd-pleaser!
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
There are so many delicious desserts to make with pumpkin, but this pumpkin cheesecake topped with caramel and streusel could be my new favorite!
I’m truly not a huge fan of just plain pumpkin cheesecake.
However, after I put caramel and streusel on top I was blown away. It turned an ordinary pumpkin cheesecake into one of my best cheesecake recipes yet!
The best part is that it’s only a tiny bit more work with a huge payoff!
Prepare and Measure Ingredients
Prior to baking any dessert, prep and measure out all of your ingredients which will make the entire baking process so much easier!
First, prepare and measure the ingredients for your crust.
- finely chopped pecans
- softened butter
Next, measure out the ingredients for the cheesecake filling.
- softened cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree (I use Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin)
Third, set aside the ingredients for the caramel topping and streusel.
- Kraft caramel bits
- heavy cream
- softened butter
- chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- quick oats
- pumpkin pie seasoning
After you prepare the ingredients, the next step is putting it all together!
Some tips for making this recipe
- Place the water bath on the oven rack below the cheesecake versus setting the springform pan in the water.
- Don’t let the top of the cheesecake get too brown. Set a piece of foil on top while it finishes baking if needed.
- Let the cheesecake chill before removing the springform pan.
Pumpkin Cheesecake With Caramel and Streusel Topping
- 2 cups pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. butter softened
- 3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 11-oz bag of Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Finely chop pecans and pour them into a bowl with softened butter, sugar, and cinnamon.2 cups pecans, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 4 tbsp. butter
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and then spray the sides of the pan and parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking prepare your filling.
- Add the softened cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar, to a bowl or stand mixer.3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, 1 tbsp. vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar
- Beat on medium to high speed until the cream cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the eggs and pumpkin puree and mix until just combined.1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs
- After you bake the crust for 10 minutes remove the pan from the oven and pour in the cheesecake batter.
- Put the cheesecake back in the oven with a baking dish filled with 3 cups of boiling water on the oven rack below the cheesecake pan. You can also set your springform pan directly into a water bath but if you do it that way you need to wrap your springform pan tightly in heavy-duty foil so that it does not leak.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is slightly golden and firm. If it's getting too golden, place a piece of foil over the top until it's done baking.
- While the cheesecake is baking prepare the streusel.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the butter and vanilla.4 tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together all of the remaining dry ingredients.1/2 cup pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/3 cup quick oats, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and toss it together with a fork. Don't overmix, just stir until everything is combined and keep the mixture crumbly.
- 5-10 minutes before the cheesecake is done baking add the caramel bits and heavy cream to a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the caramel is melted and the mixture is smooth.1 11-oz bag of Kraft Caramel Bits, 1/4 cup heavy cream
- When the cheesecake is finished baking remove it from the oven and pour the caramel sauce on top. You can set some caramel aside to drizzle on top of the streusel if you'd like, or just pour it all on top of the cheesecake.
- Then sprinkle the streusel on top of the caramel and put it back in the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- After baking, remove the cheesecake from the oven, let it cool, and then put it in the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours before serving.
- It works best to keep the springform pan attached until it has chilled, and then remove the sides and the bottom prior to serving.
Looking for another great pumpkin recipe to try?
My recipe for crock pot pumpkin bread is amazing. It is so soft and perfectly moist that I will never cook pumpkin bread in the oven again!